Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Staying home.....

Never let it be said that I don't enjoy going out to eat.  I love to go out to eat things that I or we don't find ourselves cooking.  We very rarely go out for Italian, I don't care for red sauce from anyone, with the exception of pizza, from most.  It gives me agita.   Mrs. Gallo, my mother-in-law, made the best red sauce, actually all of her sauces were the BEST.  That woman could cook, man oh man, could she cook.....  If we go out for Italian, I usually get macaroni with oil & garlic, or macaroni with clam sauce.  When we go out, it is usually for some sort of Asian, whether it be Sushi or Thai, and when we go for Thai, I never get anything with curry, I cook curry, so it is usually Pad Thai.   No matter how many times, I simply cannot make Pad Thai, I try, try, try and try.  I just can't do it.  It never tastes as good.  So I will leave it to the master's of Thai.

Our long weekend was great, although the weather did thwart some of our plans, it was all good, very very good....  We had a beautiful NY strip steak and salad dinner on Saturday, Andrew rubbed the steaks with meat rub, grilled them to absolute perfection, and the salad that he made was fantastic. 
















I love croutons in my salad, sometimes I think that I would be happy with just the croutons, but.....

Dinner was delicious.  Goodness, I love that man....He can cook for me anytime....It was the best Valentine gift...

While Andrew was making our dinner. I was making the Peach Whiskey Chicken, yes, again...we were to eat it on Sunday....










I used applewood smoked salt on the chicken, it added depth of flavor.  We were glad that I made it early, the sauces really permeated the chicken.  I made cheesey polenta as a side for Monday night's dinner.

Donna made stuffed cabbage for us for Sunday.  I neglected to take pictures, but I will in the reruns...

Stay forever mine....

No comments:

Post a Comment