Monday, December 15, 2014

my place to be

I find it hard to believe that I have been at this blog thing for more than a year, I have had a grand time expressing myself, sharing, and yes, it has been very cathartic.  It has been a wonderful platform for me to do a few of the things that I really enjoy doing:  cooking, taking pictures, and probably most of all, talking.  

For the very first time I sliced potatoes on a mandolin.  I have never made au gratin or scalloped potatoes from scratch in my entire life.  It was quick and easy.  I don't know why I have never done that before.  On the other hand. maybe it was not such a good idea, cause it just hit me, I could make potato chips, I did not think of that, not good, not good at all. 


Sunday Dinner was a joint effort, Andrew grilled the steak.  He grilled them to perfection....


I made baked Rosemary Potatoes with the sliced potatoes.  It was by no stretch of the imagination a "light side", oh but it was good.  Shallots, garlic, butter, cheese, and cream.  How could it possibly be bad. 









The best part is that we have lots of left overs for Tuesday night.

I have a couple of days before I become chained to the stove, I am truly looking forward to it though,  life is good, life is very good indeed.




































No comments:

Post a Comment