Saturday, April 5, 2014

comestible, sustenance, subsistence

It has been a very quick week, it just flew by, for me anyway........I did all that I set out to do. 

Monday was Kathy's Birthday, she was not up to snuff.  She looked pretty pale, so I decided to make her something that she likes, made for her convenience, Risotto Milanese....She likes it, sorry to say  I did not have any peas....





I was under the impression that Mike did not like risotto, so was Kathy......we were sadly mistaken, it was the peas that he objected to.....

For us I made something a little different.  We had the "meat & potato" meal....I made shredded potato pancakes.  We are liking them just a little too much..



Andrew grilled skirt steak with Canadian Steak seasoning.  You can see it grilling in the background.  It was grilled to perfection..



We had a great dinner.  I think one of my favorite things now is that there is no more stress about dinner.  It is easy.  If we feel like just having cheese for dinner, there is no one to object, or try and gainsay, no more nose wrinkling, we can even have the same thing 3 times in a month....Also, we like skirt steak, the kids did not care for it, they complained about the chewiness and fat.  I think that it is heaven, in due time, I think that they will like it.  We had a very nice dinner.






 
The boon was that we had enough leftover for steak sandwiches for lunch.


Now they were some sandwiches........

I have been making our to go lunches directly after dinner, usually using the left over meat from dinner.  It has worked out well, since I am still like making enough for five, maybe four.  Andrew usually just takes the sandwiches, he says that eating out of the thermos is not the easiest, I have no problems, I looooove left over risotto.

We had fresh macaroni twice this week, I think that they are right when they say that after you eat fresh, it is hard to eat the dried.....it is pretty sad....

Easter is coming, and I am thinking about what we are going to do, where we are going to go, and more importantly, what we are going to eat.  We have a new passion for lamb, so I have been tossing that about.  Isn't that what you are supposed to eat???

Chateaubriand....Wedding Steak.....Fresh Ham.....mmmm   I might even go out on a limb and suggest Turkey, yup yup turkey....

No comments:

Post a Comment