Tuesday, July 8, 2014

butcher, baker, & candlestick-maker

I opened the freezer drawer and there was not enough room, truly shocking, I know.  The decision was made for me, dinner was right there at my fingertips.  I would have to take it out, to put the Ice Cream in.  It was a win-win, necessary room made, dinner planned.  I had Sunday Dinner planned on Friday.  I am spoiled rotten and I am completely fine with that, Andrew enjoys cutting up the meat, poultry, fish into the size pieces that I need for whatever it is that will be prepared and enjoyed.  We sort out the portion sizes, mark and date them, then put it into the freezer.  Our meal plans are a joint effort.  No more wrinkled noses.  It works out wonderfully.

On the freezer container written on tape was the contents, about 4 good size servings of sliced chicken breast, my only major hurdle was deciding on whether I should make some sort of curry, maybe a stir fry, which I have yet to master, or try my hand yet again on Pad Thai.  Curry seemed the logical choice, mainly because I had on hand everything I needed.  I really like Pad Thai with chicken, shrimp, and tofu.  Two of which I did not have nor did I have any bean sprouts. 

I needed to go to the grocery for lunch meat and bread.  Andrew was mesmerized by the beautiful shrimp that were on special, and then it popped out of my mouth, Shrimp, chicken and potatoes in Masaman Curry......there it was, I made the commitment and had to follow through.  It was not hard because we both really, really enjoy Masaman Curry. 

While I got all the ingredients together and Andrew worked his magic with the shrimp.







Most of the time spend making Thai food I think is in the preparation, it only takes a few minutes to cook everything.




 We were ready in short order.


Andrew and I were discussing and trying to explain the taste of the curry dishes, trying to compare the taste, and we could not.  Neither one of us had grown up ever eating something similar.  I have only been making Thai cuisine for about 4 years, wow where has the time gone?  The kids don't like it and my Mom & Dad don't particularly care for it, although my Dad will eat curry if you put it in front of him.  The last time I made Pad Thai my Mom did enjoy that.   We have decided that Mor would have really enjoyed it all.  She was far more open to different cuisines.

All in all life is good.....very good

and yes, as always, he is perfect to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment