Monday, October 27, 2014

scrambling again....

I was thinking about Christmas Day Dinner, and really looking forward to the festivities, noise, food, family, and happiness that comes about.  I was looking over my lists from forever ago, that have never changed and the feeling of ritual that they bring.  I started to talk to my Mom about it, when she dropped the bombshell, the butcher closed.  Closed, closed....packed up.....the Butcher retired...gone forever.   This is terrible, terrible, terrible.  Now what am I going to do?  I really am sad over this.  I have to work on a solution to this.  Maybe there will be a road trip....or plane trip.  Maybe not so bad.  I hope.

We did get the very last upper cupboard up, no drawers yet, but we do now have almost all the doors.  It is a work in progress.  It did not take more than 5 minutes to put all the contents into the cupboard and I need that library ladder more than ever.  It is a beautiful cabinet.








The shelves are fixed.  I am so very happy for this cupboard.  Now all we need is the trim, drawers, runners, trashcan thing for the bottom cabinet, and all the rest of the stuff so it will be complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment