Saturday, February 21, 2015

pancakes please

Danish pancakes are crepes.  There was not a morning that I woke up in my Grandmother's house that we did not have Danish pancakes.  A person would think that when we reached adulthood it stopped, but it didn't.  Mor made pancakes for our kids, and there was nothing better.  Gabriella wanted a full day of favorites for her birthday and that was just fine with me.  She decided on Danish pancakes for breakfast. 

I was happy that I would finally be able to use our new crepe pan.  I made the batter the night before because Mor always said that it tasted better when the batter sat overnight.  As I was making them I was thinking about Mor, when we were small she was able to make two pancakes at once.  She could juggle two cast iron fry pans with ease and they are heavy.  I will say that my Grandmother was made of stronger stuff than me, my pan is made out of stainless with teflon.




Gabriella had her choices of fillings or topping.  I went with my absolute favorite, jam.  We did not have cherry so I had to settle for strawberry.  I was my Grandmother's most apt pupil, and I think I have done her proud.  
All is right in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment