Monday, August 24, 2015

Maybe the Peach-Whiskey Chicken too?

The decision on bringing the pulled pork was a no brainer.   Cucumber salad was automatic.  I wish I could make cole slaw that would be worth taking, but alas I can't.  I don't think that Mr. Ron's would make it all the way, we would probably eat most of it before we got there.  I was thinking that we should do at least one other dish, if not two.

Gabriella asked for Peach-Whiskey Chicken and I was more than happy to oblige her.  She did the shopping for this week all by herself this week, I am so proud.  Then she really knocked me for a  loop because she asked for Masaman Curry.  Saturday we decided that today, Sunday, we would spend the day together in the kitchen.  While we were preparing, we were also doing other things that were necessary.  Luna needed to go outside to rub about, stalk some birds, and do other cat things.

When we make the Peach-Whiskey Chicken I only use thighs.  I think that they taste the best, are the most moist, and have only a few bones.  I started to think about a restaurant that Mor used to frequent.  It was Coppola's in Hyde Park, NY.  She would always rave about the Chicken Cacciatorre.  They did not make it like I do, I only use thighs, I don't know if they did.  My sauce does have a very prevalent meaty taste, at the time theirs' did not.  They would serve it with  breaded cutlets.  I thought that maybe we could give it a whirl.  We breaded a few chicken cutlets, fried them, and we will have them when we eat the thighs.  I can hardly wait.





I truly think that this is one of my absolute favorites.

When it comes to the Masaman Curry, I think that it is my favorite of the curries.  I especially like the potatoes.  They are so creamy and delicious.  Shrimp as the protein wins hands down, chicken is my second choice.

After all said and done, it was a most glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment