Saturday, September 26, 2015

Little bits of deliciousness

I have to admit to being very lazy with the picture taking.  It is not like the camera is not in the kitchen with me, it is sitting right there on the upper peninsula, but I forget to grab it.  I have decided that I would be more diligent and take more pictures, I need to get my act together.

So here is just some of the goings on here on DeVoe......

Bread making..



With Andrew not taking lunch everyday, there had been a great deal of moldy bread.  So we decided (actually Kathy started it) we could make bread again.  Well the upside, no more moldy bread.  We have been experimenting with all different flours.  Anyway, tell me what is better than bread and butter,

I only remembered to take a picture of the sausage being uncased, cut into small pieces, and then sauteed.


What I did not take a picture of was the garlic and spinach sauteing next, then having the whole of that deliciousness served with Orecchiette.  I love them.  I love this so much, life is good when one has sausage and orecchiette, really good.  Oh, yeah we served it with basil/oregano bread that we made.

When we go to Delicious Orchard's, I always buy AppleCider Donuts for Andrew and Cheesey Bread for Gabs.  Well I found in the bread book a Cheese and Onion bread, so yeah, we made it.  There was only one problem.....we put in a wee bit too much yeast.  Let me tell you, it tasted mighty good though.



It wasn't so bad cleaning the machine, I thought it would be terrible.

Then we made.....Simple Syrup and Lemon Simple Syrup.




I cooked the lemon zest with the sugar.....it is killer good.  I am so so glad Kathy gave me the pull down citrus juicer, we could get twice the amount of juice out of the lemons than we could with the hand squeezer.


show me the way











No comments:

Post a Comment