Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I gave you...

Cesar was right about me, he understood me without ever knowing me, I am sorry to say.  Never again, not ever.

I have been a busy girl,  house is very quiet except for the music.  He has been very indulgent, and has not complained, not even once.  I have changed the station so he does not have to hear when he is home.  I thank and love him for that.

I have been busy cooking, and I would like to say, spring cleaning....but I will get to that.

So here is a little of what I am doing.....

The butcher put chicken thighs on sale earlier this week, and I was asked to make Chicken Caccitore, so I did....








I strayed from my usual recipe by adding capers.  I let it sit overnight so that all the flavors would meld.  Oh, yeah, I did not make macaroni, comments were made the moment we all sat down.  I did serve it with a loaf of fresh crusty Italian bread.  It was divine.

With my next meal, I went in the total opposite direction, I made breaded pork cutlets with cabbage and noodles....













 I haven't made that in years.  I took some over to Donna to get her Polish approval.

Next came, a cake, I saw it and had to make it.  Although I made the cake from a box, I did make the Cream Cheese frosting....




It was moist and delicious....

I went to the green grocer and purchased way too much Broccoli Rabe, so I decided to go a little different.  Broccoli Rabe & Sausage Risotto.  I used equal amounts of hot and sweet Italian sausage, they were cooked outside on the grill as we were gardening......oh, yeah, it was good....











I used Superfino Aborio this time, I have to do side by side to see if there is any difference, next time.

Thank you Charles for a hard learned lesson.  Never, never again....





No comments:

Post a Comment