Tuesday, April 1, 2014

thank you Glenette......

Saturday was a most wonderful day, not only because it was the weekend, but because I got to share our kitchen instructing.  Glenette is a friend and neighbor, she was the catalyst for this blog.  She encouraged me to start this.  Glenette had asked me if I could show her how to make risotto.  This marked the third time that she and I have cooked together.  We had a grand time.....dueling cutting boards, pots, and spoons.



 Glenette used the Le Creuset(light interior) and I used the Staub(dark interior).  I mention this because having used both, I prefer, in this instance, to use the Le Creuset.  I think that the lighter color of the interior makes it easier to see if the rice has the toasty look that you want right before you add the wine.


Glenette had added peas to her Risotto Milanese, and I added corn to mine.  Both we good.


Earlier in the day, I decided to make the chicken thighs I had in the fridge.  At first I was going to make Chicken Cacciatore.  I did not have fresh mushrooms, and I don't care to use the canned.  Then I got the idea for my new favorite, Peach Whiskey Chicken....yummy.  The best part, I had everything I needed.





And of course, I forgot to take a picture of it finished.

We got a great surprise also in the afternoon, Matt, Vanessa, Grace, and Kaitlin came for a visit.  We had a fantastic afternoon and dinner with them.  Best part--they went to Delicious Orchards.. They brought fresh baked goods for our enjoyment.  They can come by anytime they want....Thanks so much for coming....

Hey Glenette....thanks for the push.....it's all good










No comments:

Post a Comment