Thursday, June 26, 2014

materfamilias repast

It feels good to have a houseful of people.  Gabriella and Luna came for a few days, Buddy isn't thrilled with Luna because she won't play with him.  Today I got to spend the entire day with my Mom and Dad.   They came yesterday to spend a few days too.  My Mom likes to go to Wegmans and Pastosa's.  So we did both. 

I decided to make risotto for dinner,  Spinach & Cheese sausage, fresh spinach, and chickpeas.  I had made risotto with these ingredients before and it was enjoyed very much. 

I sauteed the shallots in a bit of olive oil and butter, when they were limpish I put in the garlic and cooked til they were done, I then put in the spinach, sauteed it til they were limp, then added in the sliced sausage.  I cooked the sausage til they were caramelized, I took everything out, added a bit more olive oil and butter, added two cups of arborio rice.  Stirring constantly, I cooked the rice til it was lightly golden.  I deglazed the pan with chardonnay, and stirred til it dissipated.  I then did the broth/stir dance til the rice was almost done.  I added the the spinach mixture, 1 cup of secret grated cheese, and 2 tablespoons of butter.  The rest is history....







There are left-overs, so I will send my Mom & Dad home with them, along with sauce for the ravioli she bought. 

In a few days, all will be quiet again......


No comments:

Post a Comment