Thursday, January 29, 2015

making and living it.....

I think that I should have really made some sort of chicken soup as a restorative to shoveling snow, I made Orzo with tomatoes, peas, and cheese.  First off, it was delicious.  Second, it was cake to make and life is good when you have that.  I have to remember to make it in the summer when I have fresh tomatoes, I will still use frozen peas, unless we grow some this year....mmm......that is a thought.








For the last couple of years I have been going to the Acme for our Christmas Eve dinner pork.  The best part of going there is that they remember me from year to year.  In truth I really don't shop there at all.  I find the store to be expensive on just about everything.  That all changed a few months ago, I found that isn't true anymore.  They seem to have lowered the prices, well their sale prices anyway.  They also have some pretty great meat at the butcher counter.  They had a sale on their NY Strip Steak, so of course, we bought some.  While I was making the orzo, Andrew was working his magic on the steaks.  He seasoned them and grilled them perfectly.







Oh, la, la they were absolutely fantastic.  Grilled perfection. 

I can't wait for the next grill....






No comments:

Post a Comment