Sunday, August 31, 2014

Tomato Pie Part 8?

I really don't know what number it is, but I am back at making Tomato Pie.  I still find it passingly strange that I really like it.  I am set out to making it the best.  I used Roma tomatoes for this pie, and fresh herbs from the garden.  I think it came out the best so far.

I started out by cubing the tomatoes, putting them in the colander with salt to drain the excess water. 

I went to the garden to pick spicy oregano, oregano, globe basil, chives, thyme, and parsley.  I washed, dried and chopped about 4 tablespoons of each.
 In keeping with "everything is better with bacon" theme....
 I put a pie crust in the quiche/tart pan and blind baked it for 20 minutes.
 In a large bowl I mixed eggs, mayonnaise, cheddar, mozzarella, and Andrew's grated cheese.

When the bacon was finished baking, I took 2 tablespoons of the bacon dripping, then sauteed shallots & garlic.  When it was cooled I added the bacon, shallot, garlic mixture to the bowl.  I then folded in the tomatoes.  I then added the mixture to the cooled pie crust. 
I baked it for 45 minutes at 350.


 After his outside chores were done, Andrew came inside to help with the evening fare.  I think he missed his true calling.







Andrew then grilled the lamb chops.




 Perfection, Andrew grilled them to perfection.




Grilled Lamb Chops with Tomato Pie. 

Life just don't get much better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment