Monday, March 23, 2015

it's time....

Much to my chagrin, vacation is over.....today it was back to the daily grind....what can I say beside uuuuggggg!!!!!

The very exhausting day ended on a highpoint, a most fantastically delicious dinner.  The best part was that it was a no brainer and I had everything on hand.  The only thing I had to remember to do was to take the meat out early from the freezer.  

It took all of 20 minutes to cook dinner and wow......

First I put the macaroni pot with water on the stove to boil for the orzo, while it was heating, the steaks were rubbed with a nice dry rub, and I chopped shallots & garlic measured out peas, light cream, grated cheese, and diced tomatoes(drained).
 



I made the orzo and was gifted with the most fabulous.....



It was lovingly grilled just for my dining pleasure......goodness I am one blessed woman........

A couple of months ago, I burned myself really bad with the lid from a cast iron pot.  The pots are heavy indeed, but I have the hardest time with the lids.  It just seems that I get all discombobulated with this hot lid and I don't know what to do with it, needless to say I have been burned on more than one occasion, but this time it was really bad, I burned my chest.  The lid slipped and I don't know, next thing it hurts like bloody hell, and I got blistered.  I vowed that it wasn't going to happen again.  I just found this wonderful lid holder, and yes it is wonderful, the best, the bomb, I am loving it.  I am not loving the $30.00 I spent, but I don't care, today while I making dinner the lid for the cast iron pan was safely on the holder and not burning me. 
I actually used it twice today.  Happy, happy, joy, joy...... Life is good, very good indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment