Wednesday, March 11, 2015

wokaholic

I have been perusing the net hoping that I could convince Andrew into a new larger wok instead of using one that we already have.   I would like to keep using the Lodge cast iron for curry dishes, and I would want the larger one for stir fry.  Well it did not take much, actually none at all, he was all in.  Andrew did not want to order one online, he found a large carbon steel wok at the market.  He cleaned it, baked it, seasoned it, then seasoned it again.  Then I used it.

We made another shrimp stir fry everything fit and it tasted pretty darn good.  Still a group effort though.








 My Mom, Dad, and Glenette joined us for dinner.

I have made the decision about my good cast iron woks, instead of worrying about marring the enamel finish on the outside of the pan with the very high heat from the burners, I am going to sell them.  I know that I will still saving things for good, I am making a step in the right direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment