Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Turkey Stock Part II and Shrimp Stew?

Yesterday we went to the Acme, I always think cartoons, to pick up the two turkeys.  I met with the Butcher, he told me I started a trend with the boneless turkey.  Another employee saw him deboning the bird and asked about it.  When I met the employee, I asked him if he was going to stuff it.  He said he already did.  He has me thinking that his turkey is going to dry out.  I cook the brioche stuffing before I roll the bird up.  I am going to start the brioche stuffing this morning, it will be cool enough to roll in the bird by this afternoon.  I also need to get back to the broth so I roasted the bones in the oven, they impart a much better flavor roasted, then I put them into the half made stock.



Andrew was on the other side of the stove doing our dinner.  He has been tinkering/mixing with herbs and spices to make different rubs.  Earlier this week it was a fantastic rub for bone-in NY Strip steak.  Last night he made a spice blend for the Shrimp Stew.  I think it is a stew because it has corn and potatoes, sausage, and shrimp.  This is one stew that I don't hate, it is known universally that I hate stew....yuck, yuck, yuck.  This was delicious and I have to say Andrew's spice blend was fantastic.


It was a good amount of heat, not too hot, but hot enough.  Maybe we could have this again on Saturday?

Time to make the stuffing.......




No comments:

Post a Comment