Monday, December 23, 2013

Busy, busy, busy......

I can tell you it was a busy day here on DeVoe Street, we went to the H-Mart in Edison to purchase the pork belly for Christmas Day.   Acme was our next stop, picked up the Fresh Ham for Christmas Eve and the Rib Roast for Christmas Day.  The butcher (Michele) gave us some of her secret rub, it smelled fantastic, in a zippy bag and wrote NO CHARGE on it.  Wow...Merry Christmas

Home to make my absolutely favorite dessert... Rice Alamande  I can't make it all at once, it needs time to cool down all the way, tomorrow I will fold in the whipped cream and almonds.  It has been my favorite, favorite dessert in the whole world.  I can remember having it when I was small, and begging my Mor to make it for me even though it wasn't Christmas.....
















The end result is fantastic, it is just the stirring, stirring, stirring and some more stirring.  You are chained to the stove.  It is all worth it....it is my favorite

Yummy....

No comments:

Post a Comment