Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chicken Twice, Chicken Twice.....

Chicken served two different ways in one day, life is good.....

First we had the Chicken Soup, when the soup was cool, I skimmed all the fat off.   We took  the chicken thighs out, then pulled all the meat off the bones, sorted it(for us and some for Chico, Buddy, & Luna), I cut up fresh carrots and celery, then put them in the soup, then cooked them through.






I made brown rice, gnocchi, and cut spaghetti.  Andrew made his special blend of cheese and soon everything was right in this world.

Andrew made his "Four Cheese Blend" to put in the soup, well we put it on everything.  Cheese makes everything better.  Nobody makes a better cheese blend.  I don't know how much of each cheese he puts in, cause he tells me that is his secret.  That is perfectly fine with me cause accidents might happen if I start grating the cheese, and I like to keep all my skin on my body.  I will use the cheese plane, but only on cheese that I am very, very familiar with.  Usually just Jarlsburg or this cheese that I bought when I went to Fairway Market, I can't find my phone right now, so I don't know the name of it.

Earlier in the day, I started the second of the two chicken dishes.  I made Peach & Honey Whiskey Chicken.  I saw the Pioneer Woman make this, and I have wanted to make it ever since.  She used regular Jack.  We saw the Honey Jack and thought it would taste better, next time I think I will use peach whiskey that I read about online.  We also used Dinosaur Honey Garlic BBQ sauce.
Wow, no really, WOW it was fantastic!!!!

It wasn't difficult at all, it was a one pot meal, well maybe two, you need a side.....I washed, dried, and seasoned chicken thighs with salt and pepper.  Then I browned them on both sides in olive oil and butter, making sure to season the second side before I turned.  Once the thighs were the most beautiful brown, I removed them, took out half of the oil, then sauteed two medium shallots, I like their flavor much better than onions,  added about 6 cloves of chopped garlic, and cooked til they were translucent.   I added the whiskey and scraped all the deliciousness off the bottom of the pan, then added peach preserves, frozen peaches and BBQ sauce.  I put the chicken back in and then put the whole pot, lid-on into the oven at 350 degrees for about 1.5 hours.

We had toasted polenta slices with it, but I have to agree with the Pioneer Woman and make smashed potatoes.













All I can say is that it was really, really good.

This is Chicken Twice, Chicken Twice......




No comments:

Post a Comment