Monday, January 13, 2014

The Whole Adventure

We finally made  it to the Whole Foods Market.  We went Friday night after work.  We live pretty much equidistant from two Whole Foods Market, so we went to the one in Princeton.  I was not impressed. Andrew said the same.  I will tell you that the bulk rice section is what I liked the best.  Other than that, I never have to go there again.  Oh wait, they sell Kaffir lime leaves.  Now I no longer have to go on the "Black Market" for them.  That's a fun story for another time.

Late Saturday afternoon we started to make dinner, Thai.  We made shrimp, chicken, and potatoes in Massaman Curry.  Andrew prepped the veggies while I got the rest of the ingredients together.  We also prepared Chicken and Mushroom Coconut Soup.

The soup is one of Andrew's favorites, but then again, I have never met anyone that liked soup as much as him.  This is the soup...
Andrew chopping.....


I like to use the Wok Oil because of the high smoking poimt
 Preparation takes the longest.  This soup contains chicken, mushrooms, lime leaves, lime juice, lemon grass, lemon juice, soy sauce, palm sugar and of course, coconut milk.
 I put my own spin on this by putting shallots in it.
 This rice maker is the bomb.
Gabriella stirring away.....
The soup is ready.....




 
 There is something about the way potatoes taste when they are cooked in curried coconut milk.  They just taste so creamy and are delicious in their curriedness.....I love, love, love them.....

Massaman curry is probably my favorite.  I like red curry and make it pretty regularly, I like beef in it.  I don't think that I have ever made the yellow, I know that I have it.  I think that I will make it next week.  I have made the green curry.  I can only have that in very small portions with lots and lots of white rice placed on my tongue to cool the heat.  Massaman curry on the other hand is simply delicious, delicious, delicious......









 In my opinion this is all that....and it is even better as a leftover, or a rerun as we call them.

Gabriella, Andrew and I have the same opinion though, when you burp it tastes like soap, don't know why, but all curries taste like soap when they repeat on you.

I think I will try my hand at sweet rice.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment