Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Killer Loaf

I am happy to say that today was not as cold as it has been, truth be told, I did wear my cuddle duds under my pants.  I cannot take the cold, but then again, I do not like it when it is hot either.

When I came home today, everyone had beaten me home.  Andrew and Vincent met me at my truck and took the groceries in.  Gabriella was inside, her friend Danielle came for a visit, and brought her new boyfriend, Elliot.  It was nice to see her, she hasn't been here for a bit. 

Andrew had put the "killer loaf" together, and all I had to do was put it in.  We used 1 pound each of beef, pork, and veal.  He beat 3 eggs, garlic, onion, parsley, oregano, basil, parsley, savory, salt and pepper.  Put the meat in the egg mixture then added breadcrumbs and folded it together.  Then put it a 350 deg. oven for about 80 minutes.

While the meatloaf was baking, I made risotto with corn and peas.  We also had brown mushroom gravy.  I mixed things up a bit by using pinot noir and beef broth.  It was good, really good.















The mushroom gravy was most excellent. 

I am looking forward to this weekend, it is supposed to 55-58 degrees.



No comments:

Post a Comment