Sunday, January 19, 2014

Twelve Herbs, Eleven Oils, Ten Extracts, Nine Salts........

I think that I could write a song about the "cabinet".  Maybe an album. 

It was time, past time, way past time to put some order in the cabinets, again.

The rubs had to be put with the rubs, all in one place.  Maybe the marinades should be put next to them.  What about the brines, should they put with them too?  What about the salt?  Should the sea salt go with the kosher?  Is that kosher?  All of this is making my head hurt.... 



Some of the spices are not in my cooking base, but in Andrew's.  My herbs and spices are there mingling with his, Mitty & Andrew, Andrew & Mitty, him and her,  ours, cohabitation of different things, yet the same purpose, to add to our life.....I love this life, it is my life and his life, our life....

We need to keep a list on our phones, so we know what we have.  Maybe some pictures to remind us of what we have, all that we have.  Andrew tackled the lazy susans, and the upper, upper shelves to the right of the stove, while I did the lower cabinets right of the dishwasher.  I weeded the dishtowels and potholders.  Zippy bags, wax, parchment and freezer paper, clear wrap, and foils were all set to rights.  I have an empty shelf and I'm going to move the Knor stuff there.  Andrew did a most excellent job, now the rest has to be sorted and put away.




No comments:

Post a Comment