Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Oh, well......

I guess it could be colder outside, but believe me, I really don't want that. 

Andrew woke me up at around 5:00 am to pack his lunch and see him off.  Needless to say, this morning was absolutely freezing.  It was 3.2 Deg. F., according to the digital outside thermometer. 
At noon, it is a downright balmy 5.7 Deg. F., going to a high of 12.  Woohoo

I have been thinking about dinner, and decided that I was going to make something in the oven, I thought it was a good idea because it would also make the house a bit warmer.  I went downstairs to put a load of laundry in, opened the big freezer and decided on "Killer Loaf".  That is what we call meatloaf around here.  I brought the small red and white potatoes up to make Mrs. Gallo's roasted potatoes.  Neither Andrew nor I had any on Christmas Day, so I figured we could have them today.
All I needed was to pick out a veggie.

Well that fell through, Gabriella and Vincent are not going to be home  for dinner, so I scrubbed the meatloaf til tomorrow. 

Last weekend, I was fiddling around with the blog, and thought that I could have a little fun with it, so I played around with the settings, fonts, layouts and all sorts of other backgrounds.  I finally decided the one I have now.  When I saw the burner background, I thought it was great, but it is a sealed burner, we have open burners, I haven't figured out how to make my own so I am borrowing it.
I did although, take some pictures of our burners, I love that stove......



It really needs to be cleaned, but that is an all day affair, and truth be told, we have been so very busy that we have not found the time.  We'll get to it soon enough.

We did however take off the shelf from the back splash, it was nothing but a grease collector.  I sometimes miss it, but I hate the grease more, so off it will stay.





No comments:

Post a Comment